Valentine's Day & The Cat's Away, Shall we play?
I am so relieved that Valentine's Day is over and done with. So much pressure and so many mixed feelings with the whole "holiday" I honestly think that it is too superfluous all the time. I commend the efforts of what the holiday is trying to stand for and mean but people take it to a whole nother level. They "give too much" or "give too little" when it really is supposed to be about love. But what greater love is there than Christ's love? Must we really forget that without Him, that special person wouldn't even exist in our lives. So I really would rather couples came together to praise God and love God for how they came to love each other in the first place. I wish that singles could love God as God loves them and remember that good things come to those who wait. Not forgetting how blessed we really are in this American culture.
I didn't see any of my suitors, I spent it with my best friend. I cooked dinner like it was my last. I set the table, I busted out the liquor and rented a movie and we passed out from having the itis lol. But it felt great for us to forget about the woes of the pool of gentlemen in our era and have a nice dinner with ourselves.
This month has been a whirlwind. I apologize for my absence. I've been sick since my last post and I have been dealing with a lot of drama and stress at work. I shall say that sometimes it is nice to be a simple person with no need for all the material matter and extras. I got rid of some male drama queens in my life and regained old flames. I think I am more excited about my vacation to San Diego next weekend for my birthday. I will be away from the city and away from everyone for a little while.
I've been staying away from my ex, no calls no texts no sneak peeks at the facebook profile (I'm not a stalker). And I was sitting at work minding my own business when I looked at a poster from a community college in the area and what did I see? His fiancee right there smiling in my face. It was a bitter moment. But I retracted it just as suddenly as I felt it. I am just going to politely move the poster out of my sight and it will be done with. But I have to say that my luck with this whole situation has gone quite awry.
There's a wedding around the corner....and I will have to see him as he is the photographer/camera man. I am really not looking forward to it.
In happier news, I found a really great guy whom I really like but I am not sure if I want to continue because of the whole sex thing. It really is a bummer because he is someone I respect, can hold a conversation with and has a nice smile and a great sense of humor. But he's older and it is part of his expectation to have sex. Now if we agreed that we were monogamous and we were working on something serious, I guess I could be open to the possibility but we are not and this is taking a toll on me. I will keep you updated with the details on this. But boy oh boy do I want to play. Smh.
Fleshly desires + temptation = a lot of trouble (willpower not included)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please do not be afraid to drop a few lines below!