"It's not the battles won, it's the battles raced." - Covert Affairs 2011 Episode Title: All the Right Friends
I love this quote. It's not about how many trophies you won or even if you win the race. It's the courage to race. The courage it takes to stand up for what you believe in and to stay in the game and see the race to the finish line. It's about enjoying being in the game instead of out of it watching your life pass you by. Do you get more satisfaction from saying you watched the greatest war on television at home everyday or from saying that you were a part of the greatest war by fighting, nursing or helping? You went through it and survived. I've been in so many races in my life and I intend to keep racing; I may not win all of them but at least I can said I tried. At least I can say that I was a part of it and I wasn't a coward who watched it pass me by.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please do not be afraid to drop a few lines below!